Fun Facts About Berries!
- To get out a berry stain from a piece of clothing, pour boiling water over the affected area immediately.
- Eight strawberries contain more Vitamin C than a medium sized orange.
- The USDA ranked the blueberry as fruit #1 out of 40 common fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants.
- Technically, botanists do not classify strawberries as true berries, because unlike berries, the strawberry has seeds on the outside of its skin!
- Loganberry plants are sturdy and more disease- and frost-resistant than many other berries.
- Over 53 percent of seven-to-nine-year-old children picked strawberries as their favorite fruit.
- Strawberries are the only fruit with seeds on the outside of their skin. There are roughly 200 seeds on each berry.
- Early colonists made gray paint out of blueberries by boiling them in milk.
- The “tayberry” was named after the river, Tay, in Scotland.
To learn more about berries, check out oregon-berries.com!